The pallet truck is a kind of trolley specifically designed for the transportation and lifting of pallets in the warehouse, and it is often referred to as a pallet jack or a pallet stacker. The pallet truck is one of the most important tools in the warehouse because they are required to lift and shift heavy material. It is often that the cause of its breakdown is difficult to find, which can eventually put you in frustration. STAXX pallet truck supplier has put together this article with amazing tips and techniques to assist you in learning how to repair the pallet trucks.
Causes Of Breakdown In Pallet Truck
The air pocket in the hydraulic system is found to be the common cause of pallet truck breakdown. The hydraulic pressure makes the lifting easier. Hence the air pocket prevents the pallet truck from performing any lifting.
The hydraulic design of the pallet truck is usually tightly sealed. Therefore, a minor crack or damage could lead air to seep through. If you find the moisture leaking out of the bottom or somewhere near it, you seem to have a damaged O-ring. Before questioning how to repair a pallet truck, you must understand the basic tips.
Keep in mind that pallet trucks are frequently subjected to abuse. They will bang against the warehouse walls or vehicles, or they will be stored in cramped quarters. This might result in body and frame damage, causing it to travel sideways or possibly fail to go up. If neither of these two issues seems to be the cause, then you need to examine your frame. To determine if a dent is causing the pallet truck to not function correctly.
Tips For Repairing A Pallet Truck
Remove the trapped air from the hydraulic unit:
If your pallet handling machine is no longer running, it may be caused by trapped air in the hydraulic system, in this case there is no need to replace any parts, you just need to press the handle of the pallet jack to remove the air in the hydraulic system.
To avoid the problem of machine failure due to residual air in the hydraulic system, the user should schedule the hydraulic system of the pallet truck at regular intervals to ensure proper operation of the machine.
But if you can't solve the problem of trapped air by pressing the handle, you can also vent the excess air directly through the hydraulic cylinder bleeder screw, which is usually located on top of the hydraulic cylinder.
Replace the hydraulic oil in the pallet truck oil tank
If the discharge of the hydraulic steel air still can not solve the problem, you can see if the hydraulic oil level of the pallet truck is too low, or the hydraulic oil is contaminated. This situation requires immediate refueling of the pallet truck, or through the oil drainage device on the oil tank, the contaminated hydraulic oil will be completely drained out, and then refilled with new oil.
Unfortunately, if neither of the above two easy little ways can solve your troubles, then try replacing the pallet truck parts.
Replace transport roller
If the pallet truck is sluggish or difficult to maneuver and does not operate properly under load, even when the axle is intact, it is possible that the transport rollers are malfunctioning, usually due to wear. In this case, you only need to buy replacement parts that match the model of your pallet truck.
Replace the O-Ring
If you see hydraulic oil leaking from the bottom of the handle, it may means the O-ring is broken, that you need to replace a new O-ring. And it is convenience that the O-ring follows the model number of the pallet truck, you just need to make sure that the model of the O-ring is the same as your pallet truck when you buy it.
Safety first when you make any repairs to the machine, So you need to make sure to eliminate any potential danger that the pallet truck would power on accidentally, which can result in serious harm. The most important that is you should turn off the power of the machine before you replace the O-ring.
1. Raise the truck: Use objects to pad under the machine or use the machine to lift the machine, so you can easily reach the o-ring at the bottom of the pallet truck
2. Empty the hydraulic fluid: At the time when you have explicit access to the O-ring, find the drain screw around the pallet stacker’s hindmost tire. Using an Allen wrench, remove the screw and drain the fluid into a pail. Pump and hold it for few times to confirm that all of the fluid has been emptied.
3. Remove the lower lever: There is a screw on the right side of the pump casing that secures the lower switch in place. Remove the screw from the lever and take it away from the pump body using a screwdriver.
4. Pull the ring: Using pliers or metal tweezers, hold the end of the valve cartridge and draw out the harmed O-ring. Wipe the area clean to eliminate any remaining dirt, especially from the old O-ring.
5. Install a new O-ring: Replace the replacement O-ring, then the cylinder cartridge. Using tongs, screw it.
6. Reassemble using the pallet truck: Begin by inserting the bottom lever, followed by the pin that secures it in place.
7. Fill the hydraulic system with water: you need to refill the hydraulic system and test it to see whether it works.
Pallet trucks are a common piece of warehouse equipment, especially for moving shipments or storing pallets. Although pallet trucks are very small in size, their lack of structure is accounted for by force. These compact devices can easily raise pallets, and the wheels on the base make it simple to transport those pallets to their new location.
These are a smart investment if you are routinely changing stock or unloading shipments. Unfortunately, they are not impenetrable. It's critical to understand how to repair a pallet trucks without knowing the detailed steps for beginners.